Vendro – Rotary Tedders
- LED light for maximum road safety
- Compact V-shaped frame with three-point headstock minimises weight shift from the front axle
- Prop stand at the rear and wide storage stand at the front pro-vide good stability and raise the wheels from the ground
- Stylish light-weight plastic deck in a sloping design for effective self-cleaning
- Headland position pre-setting feature avoids tedding the same area twice for optimum wilting
- Auto-folding hoop guards maintain maximum agility also in working Position
- Main gearbox with overrunning clutch prevents instant rotor stopping
- Mechanical or hydraulic damper struts ensure stable rides and optimum spreads
- New KRONE OptiTurn tines lift and spread the crop in an ideaal way
- Gauge wheels run close to the tines providing exact tine control and optimum forage quality
The sloping deck in the middle of the frame won’t collect any debris or dirt. Its modern styling combines with a new colour scheme. The hoop guarding that surrounds the frame and the rotors is held in place by sturdy brackets. Perfectly formed, the hoops offer easy access, safe operation and maximum longevity.
The fold-away hoops make sure the tedder is an agile machine despite being so compact, allowing it to make the tightest turns along ﬁeld borders and on headlands.
- Compact frame for close attachment to the three-point linkage
- The machine is automatically aligned in the centre when folding into transport Position
- Damper struts ensure stable rides behind the tractor
- The compact design shifts less weight from the front axle and reduces lift requirement
- Special stands at front and rear for safe storage
The KRONE Vendro tedders impress by stable rides and convenient changeovers that are executed from the seat. With the rotors folded down and attachment close to the tractor, the centre of gravity is low and close to the tractor for safe road travel and space-saving storage.
The V-shaped and compact frame brings the machine’s centre of gravity very close to the tractor, signiﬁcantly reducing the lift requirement so the machine can be operated by small tractors. At the same time, less weight is taken off the front axle and steering is not affected.
The headstock offers various coupling positions for the top link to implement various work heights. The top link goes in the elongated hole on those machines that have the leading gauge wheel. This type of attachment gives optimum contouring and ensures the material is picked up and spread cleanly and in a wide mat.
The prop stand at the rear counterbal-ances the stroke of the damper struts as the machine is removed from the tractor. The stands raise the wheels from the ground avoiding tyre damage from long periods of storage.
The OctoLink finger clutches
- KRONE OctoLink ﬁnger clutch – eight ﬁngers make frictional Connections
- The driveline to the rotors is never cut
- No risk of driveline damage due to operator error
- Maintenance-free driveline minimises service and maintenance and maximises lifetime
All Vendro tedders beneﬁt from the tried-and-tested KRONE OctoLink ﬁnger clutches. The rugged units require no lubrication at all. This is the kind of dependable and low-maintenance machine you have always wanted.
Each rotor is driven by a well-proven ﬁnger clutch which consists of eight ﬁngers that make a frictional and reliable connection inside the driveline. No matter which angle, the power ﬂow to the next rotor is never cut off. The extremely robust ﬁnger clutches are absolutely lubrication-free, freeing you from time-consuming servicing and making you more productive.
The eight-ﬁnger clutches make Vendro an enormous agile machine. They allow the outboard rotors to fold 180° towards the middle without any risk of damaging the driveline. Thanks to this enormous ﬂexibility you can store the machine in tight space and travel at a reduced transport height.
- Standard overrunning clutch in the main gearbox maximises safety when turning off the machine
- Rotor gearboxes
- Maintenance-free and liquid-grease lubricated
- Long service life thanks to permanent lubrication and the cantilevered design
- Reduction gearbox produces small night swaths for faster wilting
The KRONE rotary tedders are designed to deliver perfect functionality. Key elements in this context are the main gearbox with a standard overrunning clutch and the maintenance-free and permanently lubricated rotor gearboxes.
All tedders have a main gearbox with overrunning clutch as a standard feature which allows the rotors to phase out instead of stopping instantly when the pto is switched off, eliminating any risk of damage due to overrunning components.
The rotor gearboxes are mounted under the robust frame where they are safe from exposure to the strains of work and operation. Sealed and ﬁlled with semi-ﬂuid grease, the boxes are maintenance-free and extremely durable.
It is possible to operate the rotors at lower speeds to pro-duce narrow night swaths. This is implemented by optional ad-on gearboxes that are particularly beneﬁcial in haymaking. In conﬁguration two rotors form a pair each of which groups the material into one narrow swath that absorbs less moisture during the night and is spread again on the following day. This technique reduces the risk of variations in crop wilt in the same ﬁeld.
Tyre options on the rotor wheels
- Big ﬂotation tyres for gentle treading and sustained sward protection
- Optimum rotor control for perfect ground hugging and clean forage
- Stable rides behind the tractor also in curved passes
- Anti-wrap guards protect the wheels in long-haulmed crops
Proper tyres are important in forage harvesting. Therefore the KRONE tedders run on oversize ﬂotation tyres that provide accurate control to the rotor, keeping the crop clean and protecting the sward by minimising the ground pressure.
The rotor wheels run on big ﬂotation tyres that give consistent control to the rotors and avoid contamination of the valuable forage. They also ensure the machine tracks reliably behind the tractor also in curved lines, leaving not a single blade of grass behind.
Anti-wrap guards come as standard on the KRONE rotary tedders, prevent-ing long-haulmed crops from wrapping around the wheels and legs and eliminating unnecessary hold-ups to free them from the grass. These anti-wrap guards can be complemented by extra plates for extra efficacy.
The KRONE OptiTurn rotors
- The rotor wheels run extremely close to the rotor providing optimum contouring
- Curved 3D tines lift and spread the crop perfectly
- Rotors overlap for clean and uniform spreads
- Optimum spreads for uniform wilting and highest-quality forage
The KRONE OptiTurn rotor design make real big-time. The special design sees the rotors overlap generously so the KRONE OptiTurn tines can lift the crop cleanly and spread it uniformly at an optimum width for fast wilts and optimum animal feed. This technology boosts your productivity not only in the ﬁeld but also in the milking parlour.
For consistent spreads in any type of condition, the tine arms of two adjacent rotors overlap generously. A consistent mat of crop speeds up the process of wilting, allowing you to produce high-quality forage in narrow harvest windows.
An optimum quality of work is delivered by the new 3D tines. The curved shafts lift and throw the material with greater ease which is the ﬁrst step in making clean and high-quality forage.
The two shafts in one pair of tines are unequally long so their tips are always in parallel as they hover above the ground, lifting the material cleanly and without contamination. This so-called combing effect mixes the various layers of the mat for uniform and con-sistent wilts.
Adjusting the angle of throw
- Altering the angle of throw alters the intensity of conditioning
- A steep angle controls tedding, a shallow angle controls turning
- Easy adjustment to 13°-19° angles without tools
Tedding or turning? Vendro allows you to change from tedding to turning or vice versa at the spur of the moment. Simply change the spreading angle and the crop is conditioned at the required intensity.
All tedders have this pin-and-hole system as a standard feature which allows you to alter the spreading angle within a range of 13° to 19°. The spring-loaded pin adjusts the angle quickly and easily in four steps. No tools required, no pins need cottering.
The angle of spread controls the intensity of conditioning. A steep angle results in intensive tedding and a shallow angle in gentle turning. This way you are able to operate the machine to your speciﬁc needs.
The border spreading facility
- Standard border spreading control avoids losses along boundaries
- Manual control is standard speciﬁcation on Vendro 470 to 790
- Convenient hydraulic control from the cab is standard speciﬁcation on Vendro 820 to 1120 and an option on Vendro 470 to 790 models
We would be saving wrong if we wouldn’t make border spreading control a standard feature on the Vendro tedders. The system spreads the material towards the middle of the machine when tedding along ﬁeld boundaries. You either set the mode from a straightforward manual control on the machine or hydraulically from the convenience of the cab.
The border spreading facility on the Vendro 470 to 790 models is operated on this cable from the cab.
The border spreading facility on the Vendro 820 to 1120 models is oper-ated hydraulically from the cab. A standard feature on these models, it is also available as an option on the smaller machines. The gauge wheels are controlled steplessly by a central hydraulic ram on the border spreading mechanism.
Vendro 470 · 560 · 620 · 680 · 790
- Wide range of 4.70 m to 7.90 m work widths to choose from
- Mechanical dampers enhance ride comfort and road safety
- Standard mechanical border spreading feature for loss-free tedding along boundaries
- Headland position pre-setting feature is an option for all models
- Optional front-running gauge wheel for perfect ground contouring in heavy going
Looking for a tedder that offers uncompromised tackle for grassland and pastureland and yet treats your crop gently and makes it wilt fast? Then these machines are for you. Even the smaller machines with four or six rotors are high performers both in hay and heavy crops.
The models in this range differ in rotor size and number of tine arms, giving you the perfect choice to buy the outﬁt that’s best for you, your business and your crops.
You can opt for an extra gauge wheel that runs ahead of the line of rotors, optimising their ground hugging ability in uneven terrain, avoiding contamination and boosting the quality of the forage.
Mechanical dampers cut out sway as the three-point mounted tedder tracks behind the tractor on steep slopes and in curves. They also align the machine at centre and stabilise it in transport position. Mechanical struts are standard speciﬁcation, hydraulic units are an option.
Vendro 820 · 900 · 1020 · 1120
- Wide range of 8.20 m to 11.20 m working widths to suit your Needs
- Standard hydraulic border spreading Control
- Standard headland position pre-setting feature on the 10-rotor models
- Big ﬂotation tyres increase ride comfort and reduce compaction
- Hydraulic damper struts ensure excellent tracking and road travel without jolting
The 8- and 10-rotor machines offer many ground-friendly features that turn your crop into high-quality forage whilst minimising losses. All major functions are controlled hydraulically for high operator comfort.
The hydraulic dampers maintain a stable transport position and ensure quiet running behind the tractor. They also improve tracking in the ﬁeld for uniform conditioning and optimum spreads.
You can conveniently preset the height to which you want to raise the machine on the headland so the outer rotors have the necessary ground clearance to avoid tedding the same area twice. This is a standard feature on Vendro 1020 and 1120 and an option on all other models.
The KRONE rotors are designed to run very close to the tines. In combination with the hinged frame sections and the double beam this translates into perfect ground hugging, minimum losses and cleanest forage.